Monday 19 January 2015

T2-B51

January 19 2015:
   Today I didn't do much other than go to basketball practice. At practice, we were shooting, which is one of my weakest areas of the game. I've been practicing and I really thought I was improving... However, we had to shoot 2 foul shots, run, touch a wall, then shoot another 2 and repeat until we made 10. Girls were already done and I hadn't made any yet and as someone who strives to do the best at whatever they're doing, that was hard. It was hard being the last one, it was hard having my coach solely focused on me, trying to get me through, and even though people were trying to be supportive, it was hard hearing things like "Good job for finishing!". I kind of just wanted to cry, but what good would that have done me? So I got a quick water break, picked myself up and put on a smile for the rest of practice. But to be honest, it sucked, and I have a lot of hard work in front of me if I want to improve. But my goals are to focus on my form, learn from my mistakes, and become a stronger player than I've ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment