Wednesday 11 March 2015

T2-B54, Blackfish

March 11 2015:
    I spent my day watching documentaries on Netflix, including Blackfish. I've watched Blackfish before but I decided to re-watch it. The way I learned about Blackfish was that one night, after I went to bed, I went to get a drink and I past by the stairs that lead down to our TV room and I saw an orca whale on the TV and I said "WOW! Mom, Dad, can I please watch?". As soon as they saw me, right away it was like "go upstairs!". I didn't really get why so I pretended to go upstairs but I sat at the top of the stairs and I watched. The very next scene was of a trainer getting pulled under the water by a whale. I remember being horrified, running up to my room and crawling in bed, but I wanted to learn more. So I looked at my parents' history on Netflix and I watched the whole documentary, by myself, on my phone. As a lover of animals, that documentary was heartbreaking, not only for the animals but for the people too. The worst part, is that I've been to SeaWorld, I loved it, I was so happy there. And to think, during one of the shows that I had seen, something horrific, easily could've happened. As depressing as that documentary is, I love it.  As horrible and as sad as the content is, I love it. I love it because it allows change to be made, it opens eyes for the future generation (like myself). I would highly recommend it to anyone (over a certain age, of course) because change needs to be made, for a better life for us and the animals. 
    Back to blogging. Wow, it's been a while. Today I had my first crow encounter. I witnessed one crow (who I've decided to name Benny) eat some peanuts then fly away with others, I'm assuming to cache. Then I saw a second crow (who is going to be named Roger) "shadow" Benny, carefully watching everything from a distance. I don't know if Roger was trying to find Benny's cache or if he was deciding whether or not the food coming from me was safe, but he didn't do a whole lot.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment