Sunday 11 May 2014

T3-B36

May 11 2014:
  Today was day 3 of nationals. My team had been going on a 15 match streak and we were confident. We start off our first match, the first set was going well. We were up by 5 points, we were going strong... And then this frail girl comes up to serve. In my mind I was thinking "She's gonna miss, it's gonna be weak, etc...". She serves, and it's a powerhouse serve and we go down in flames. We bomb the first set and in the second we were down 22-10. I thought we were done. I got subbed on, there was a new server, and we just went on a roll, we managed to bring it up to 23-20, but it was a little late and, unfortunately, we lost our first game of the day. Even worse, it was elimination, so that was our last match of the season. I cried, I was really upset because the point they won was off my block. It rolled off and no one was covering and that was that. So being the last person to touch the ball was hard on me cause I could've turned and played it or had a firmer block... It was unfortunate. I spent the rest of the day in my backyard practicing, blocks, serves, bumps, everything. Well, now it's time to train up for the beach tryouts I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment