Friday 3 January 2014

T2-B32

January 3 2014:
  Today I had basketball practice at 10. I tried out my new brace, and i have to say, it feels really comfortable. My ankle did feel a bit sore but there was no pain on discomfort while I was playing. 
  After basketball I went to Tania's house and we play some super smash bros brawl and some Mario party 8. After that I came home and had some dinner.
  Later, my dad and I watched an episode of Cutthroat kitchen. We got our cable turned on today (for the Olympics coming up) and so we watched some food network. I really like Cutthroat kitchen and I'm going to try and explain the show. Ok... Pretty much, every episode there are 4 new chefs (similar to chopped, sweet genius, cupcake wars, etc...) at the beginning of each round they are given the dish they must make. In the episode we saw it was rnd1: turkey dinner, rnd2:french toast, and rnd3: lobster rolls with a side. Then the contestants are given 60 seconds to get their ingredients from the pantry. After the ingredients have been gathered, there are 3 auctions (only for rounds 1 and 2, at least in the episode I saw). Each chef is given $25,000 at the beginning of the first round and they can use that money in the auctions. The auctions are pretty much to sabotage your competitors such as taking away their utensils, giving them powdered dairy instead of the real thing, making them use processed food, and a whole bunch of other good stuff. In addition to the 3 auctions before the cooking starts there is generally one during the cooking. In round 3 all the auctions happen during the cooking. The chefs have the same $25,000 the whole competition to spend so they have to spend wisely. In the end the winner receives all the money they have left over.          

No comments:

Post a Comment