Sunday 30 March 2014

T3-B18

March 30 2014:
  I didn't blog while I was in Russia since Wifi is really expensive and I didn't want to make extra costs for my grandparents. Some highlights of being in Russia include: riding segways with my mom's cousin's kids, buying 2500 rubles worth of chocolate, and having a big family get-together. 
  Today I got on a flight out of Vladivostok at 1:40 am on the 30st (today)(Vladivostok time). Then it was a 2 hour flight to Beijing. The time difference between Vladivostok and Beijing is 2 hours so we got there at 1:30 am Beijing time. Our connection flight was at 1 pm so we had a 12 hour layover. We decided that there was no point in sticking around at the airport and we couldn't really go out to see the city because it was 2 am. We ended up going to a hotel to just get some sleep and re-charge. Then, it was a 12 hour flight to Vancouver and we ended up getting here around 8:30 am. So total, flights + layover, we traveled for 24 hours. 
  I didn't take a nap today on purpose because I knew, if I took a nap, there was no way I would sleep well tonight. I also wanted to get an especially good night rest because tomorrow school starts and I want to be energetic on the first day back. It's also the second to last training day for volleyball before regionals and I really want to make the most of it. So I'm going to bed a little earlier and hopefully I get some good rest.    

No comments:

Post a Comment