Sunday 22 December 2013

T2-B21

December 22 2013:
  Today I didn't really do much. I've really gotten into this show, Once upon a time. It started running in 2011 and back then I saw a commercial for it but I was too scared to watch it because for 11 year old me, who was scared of everything (I still kind of am), the ad was terrifying, yet I was still intrigued. I found it on netflix a couple days ago and today I kind of just had a marathon... Once upon a time is about Emma Swan, a 28-year-old "people finder" who is led by Henry, the boy who she gave up for adoption when she was 18, to Storybrooke. There, Henry explains to her that all the residents of Storybrooke are really fairy tale characters that can't remember who they were and that Emma is the savior who is meant to bring back the happy endings. The show features characters like Snow White/Henry's teacher, The Evil Queen/Henry's adopted mother, and Jiminy Cricket/Henry's therapist. There are also minor characters like Gepetto, Red (little red riding hood), and Cinderella. The real world is carefully interwoven with the fairy tale worlds and the suspense is a really good level for my scaredy-cat self. It keeps me watching without utterly horrifying me. 
  My song of the day is Ever After by Marianas Trench.    

No comments:

Post a Comment